We currently have job openings for Outside Sales Reps, RF Techs, Installers, and Office Admin. We offer competitive pay and great benefits package. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by on of our offices to fill out a job application today.
Code 3 Service is an equal opportunity employer
As a RF Field Technician you will be responsible for meeting customer expectations, some of which are quality, performance, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness. Wireless communications systems include: complex radio systems for public safety and enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, be motivated, customer service oriented, possess a willingness to learn, and be reliable. The Field Technician will interface directly with the end customer therefore, a professional attitude and appearance are vital.
• Install, maintain and provide technical support and service of wireless communications equipment such as: UHF/VHF and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems. Operating mobile, portable radio equipment, dispatch consoles, and microwave systems, using both conventional and trunked radio technologies.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve wireless communication equipment problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner.
• Repair customer equipment by replacing defective modules or components through standard troubleshooting procedures and practices.
• Ability to diagnosis and repair public address systems and BDA systems.
• Recommend appropriate hardware and peripheral equipment that meets customer requirements.
• Provide hands-on and oversight of communications equipment and peripheral hardware installation such as base stations, repeaters, mobile devices, portable devices, wireless broadband devices, and CCTV equipment. Analyze and comprehend diagnostic test results in order to repair and program radios and wireless equipment.
• Make minor modifications to electronic circuitry per customer requests and/or deploy factory software/firmware updates.
• Install coaxial and fiber-optic cabling, connectors, antennas, and couplers in accordance with customer requirements and industry standards.
• Must be team-focused with a passion to meet customer requirements and company goals.
• Extensive travel and on call are required primarily in the North East US.
• 5+ years Service Technician experience in diagnosing, repairing, programming, and installing Motorola, Kenwood, ICOM, Vertex equipment in the 2-way radio wireless and /or communication field.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of 2-way radio theory, RF propagation characteristics at various frequency bands and communications systems.
• Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
• Knowledge of battery backup systems, base stations, repeaters, multicouplers, and duplexers, TCP/IP principles and NIC programming.
• Proficiency in operating various test equipment including but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, system analyzers, watt meters, TDRs, FDRs, and multi-meters.
• Proficiency in designing, troubleshooting, and installing Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) and Bidirectional Amplifier (BDA) systems.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• CET Certification a plus.
• 2 year Associate degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
• R56 Certified Installer preferred.
• FCC license preferred.
• Motorola Astro 4x-7x training providing support for various system operations.
• Certification in various Astro 25 products (Quantar, GTR8000, MCC5500/7500, etc..) a plus.
• Certification in various MotoTRBO products and systems (Connect+, Capacity+, Linked Capacity+, IP Site Connect, Capacity Max etc.) a plus.
• Knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment at the component level.
• Security Clearance a plus.
• Background checks are part of the hiring process, which may also include a Motor Vehicle Check.
Code 3 Service offers competitive compensation to all of its employees as well as comprehensive benefits which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid-Time-Off, Holiday pay and much more.
Code 3 Service is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other disability protected by law. All employment is decided based upon qualifications, merit and business need
Send Resume to email@example.com or apply in person at 2323 Aztec Rd NE - Suite A, Albuquerque, NM 87107
The Technician is responsible for advanced equipment installation procedures on public safety vehicles of all types. They need to be able to work independently, as well as part of a team. The objective of a Technician is to perform high-quality work within the allotted time for build or task assigned by their supervisor.
• One or more years of automotive work experience.
• Previous experience with 12-volt electrical systems is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of the 12-volt application, theory, and diagnosis is preferred.
• The ability to work efficiently both independently or with a team.
• Very effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with fellow team members.
• Team player with a demonstrated ability to encourage the same from other team members.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to a changing business environment.
• An aptitude to readily adopt best practices and efficient processes along with the ability to encourage others to do the same.
• The ability to discern when it is necessary to consult with the Team Lead or Production Manager with questions or concerns.
• Exhibit creative talents to provide input on the successful integration of new products into existing product lines. Essential Functions
• Successfully interpret information contained within a build sheet in order to precisely produce vehicles to specification with the highest level of craftsmanship.
• Ability to follow specific written and verbal instructions.
• Participate a team production environment in order to maximize installation efficiencies.
• Participate in the training other team members on the installation standards and build requirements as directed by the Production Manager and Team Lead.
• Successfully read and interpret manufacturer installation and instruction manuals.
• Ability to follow project schedules as directed by the Production Manager and Team Lead.
• Advanced knowledge of how to disassemble and assemble vehicles and components required for upfitting.
• Ability to properly and safely lift up to 60 lbs.
• Ability to properly and safely make basic electrical connections within a vehicle.
• Ability to properly and safely loom and route all wire to minimize installation related failures.
• Ability to properly and safely perform basic vehicle fabrication.
• Ability to properly and safely use all hand tools, power tools, air tools and hydraulic tools required.
• Ability to properly and safely use all 12-volt testing equipment for diagnostic purposes.
• Provide input for improved production standards and best practices and support those implemented by the Production Manager.
• Monitor individual contribution to project completion and ensure proper contribution and efficiency.
• Maintain high-quality production standards and safety procedures to minimize mistakes, accidents and warranty claims.
• Ensure that all work meets the quality control standards identified by the Company.
• Adhere to production and labor time targets to ensure actual results meet or exceed project or task objectives.
• Ensure an excellent level of safety and quality is maintained and the priority at all times.
• Collaborate effectively with parts and inventory team members to ensure timely and accurate delivery of parts to production for jobs assigned.
Ensure that all parts used during production are accurately accounted for so that they are properly billed to the customer.
• Other duties and responsibilities as determined applicable by executive leadership.